Friday, January 20, 2012

treasure box

Motivated by this pretty post by Miss Mariama Bramble of Brownbelle (who doesnt love a good bow tie?), and some photos I snapped last Sunday, I bring you some of my studio inspiration (its been a while, huh?)! 
Since I switched around my studio a couple of months ago, I have been happily scribbling away in the spacious and sunny front room that doubles as both my art space and my boudoir.  Not only is it infinitely better to be drawing and designing in a room full of light and space to spread out(as opposed to the dark, cramped back room I was working in), it is also much more thrilling to work with my treasures around me for inspiration.  Almost nothing gets me more in the mood to make things, than my vintage treasures...
Dripping gold chains, sparkly brooches and colorful bangles spill out of letterpress trays and vintage glassware, and favorite vintage fabrics hang on my closet door to keep me company(more on those soon!).  Clean and stark studios are lovely, but I thrive in color (and a little bit of chaos).  I am a very happy clam living in my little treasure box.  What do you keep in your workspace to inspire you?

3 comments:

  1. I love keeping vintage inspiration around at all times!
    JOANNA

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...