Sunday, August 7, 2011

artist crush: julia denos

left: the cover of Julia's new book, I had a Favorite Dress 
& right: a portrait I collaged/drew of the lovely illustrator lady herself
( I was liberal with my crayon, as Julia is the only artist I know who uses it more than I do, and gosh she does it well!)
When I first stumbled across Julia Denos' blog, the Cinnamon Rabbit, I was immediately taken with her playful illustrations, and several years later, I am still excited to see what she posts every day.  The color, texture and style she brings to each one of her characters always brings a smile to my face.  Not only is Julia a superbly talented illustrator of several fantastic children's books (instant classics, in my opinion!), she is sweet as pie with an imagination only a truly youthful spirit may possess.  I have had the pleasure of getting to know both the artist and her work over the past few years, and as of last week became the proud winner of her print+book giveaway for her newly illustrated work, I Had A Favorite Dress, by Bonnie Ashburn.

I cant tell you how thrilled I am to have a signed Denos print in my studio/dressing room to inspire carefree creation in both my work and fashion choices.  Thank you, Julia!

1 comment:

  1. love your collage style! happy to find both your blog and Julia's!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...