Wednesday, June 8, 2011

flashback

I am working from my parents' home studio today as my working space is even more of a mess right now... I've spent the last week swapping everything in my teeny tiny studio with (almost) everything in my giant bedroom, so after the last few pieces fall into place, I will have a giant new studio!  It is a much needed change...art making is no fun in cramped quarters!  For the past year my studio has acted as more of an "art closet" while my projects gradually crawl onto the kitchen counters...the kitchen table...the living room couch...  I cannot tell you how excited I am to finally have a human-sized dedicated art space that gets beautiful light and has plenty of space for both supplies and work tables.  Hopefully this will mean much more production of my own special stuff and not just client work.  I cant wait to show you the results!  In the meantime, here are a few relics I uncovered while rummaging around in my childhood bedroom.  Its amazing how much art work has accumulated over time....here's to much much more!

5 comments:

  1. My problem with bigger space is I tend to fill it anyway!! LOL! Light is a precious gift though! Glad you've got some new creative space!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so talented Amanda! I'm endlessly amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, thank you both!

    And, Kimberly, I totally know what you mean... I think I have that problem too...it might even be an addiction! I am a collector at heart, so nooks and crannies tend to fill up pretty fast. BUT Im going to try really hard to keep the new space neat (even if it does get full) and ready to work in ...we'll see how long that lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giiiiirl these are beautiful, I'm a big fan of your work as well! Thanks so much for the support, you and Nate rule :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...