Thursday, March 3, 2011

pattern play: stamped stuff

The (partial)fruits of a fabric printing class I've been taking over at DeCordova Museum.  Recently we worked with stamping methods, which I thoroughly enjoyed, because I've always had a thing for stamps.  I love the physicality of carving the shapes, the messiness of the ink, and the patterning possibilities directly at my fingertips (Im even beginning to love picking linoleum/rubber shavings out of my carpet). 
the circus monkey & elephant from my vintage stamp collection make a guest appearance
.

2 comments:

  1. oh wow, that looks awesome! I had no idea the DeCordova has classes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ana!

    Their classes are great - I've been taking them on and off since I was six! Here is the link to the information...

    http://www.decordova.org/school

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...